Homemade bourbon cinnamon ice cream has the best flavors of fall and is the perfect compliment to all of your apple treats and pies this season. I make this ice cream in my cuisine art ice cream maker, and since I love it so - you can be rest assured you'll find plenty more cuisine art ice cream recipes on frolic and fare.
This bourbon cinnamon ice cream recipe is excellent even when we're no longer in prime ice cream season. As soon as I gave this ice cream a try, I knew it was the perfect flavor to serve with all of the amazing pies you'll be baking soon. The only thing that can make this ice cream better is topping it with my homemade bourbon caramel sauce.
If you thought the perfect scoop of homemade ice cream didn't exist, you're in for a real treat. You will get rave reviews from this recipe without a doubt. Tickle your taste buds with a boozy treat that's wonderful spiced and balanced with cinnamon and vanilla flavor. This recipe is an absolute delight in hard apple cider floats, homemade roasted marshmallow pumpkin pie, a skillet caramel apple pie, or with bourbon pecan cinnamon rolls.
Ingredients in homemade bourbon cinnamon ice cream
- Heavy whipping cream / heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Buttermilk - A perfect tang that I love when making ice cream, and we always have some as avid Sunday pancake makers - to omit see variations below.
- Brown sugar - A beautiful, full flavor thanks to the molasses in brown sugar
- Egg yolks - For the creamy custard that is ice cream.
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup - You can omit, but trust me - it's so good!
Tools needed to make this ice cream
- Quart ice cream maker - you do need an ice cream machine for this recipe. I highly recommend having one! The possibilities are endless and one of our favorite past times are making fresh batch of ice cream, like this one! You wouldn't believe the creamy ice cream creations you can make. The finished product is divine. We use this simple, affordable cuisine art ice cream maker to make our ice cream recipes (more than I'd like to admit)
- Sauce pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Vanilla bean can be used in place of vanilla extract
- Whisky or dark rum can be used in place of bourbon
- You can use granulated sugar instead of brown sugar
- You can skip the buttermilk and replace it with more regular whole milk if needed.
Process for making homemade bourbon cinnamon ice cream
Along the way I've found my base for the perfect, scoopable ice cream that is sure to please!
Step 1: Mix all of your ingredients together into a sauce pan and whisk well.
Step 2: Mix all ingredients over low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes to get a slow reduction, heat the egg yolk and melt the sugars down. Be sure not to overheat or else you'll curdle your milks and cook your eggs.
Step 3: Let your mixture cool for an hour before transferring contents into your ice cream maker. The bowl of your ice cream maker should be well frozen.
Step 4: Turn your ice cream maker on and let it churn based on manufacture's recommendations. For me, it usually takes 20 - 30 minutes.
Step 5: Transfer the ice cream into an air tight container and let it chill in the freezer for at least six hours. From here you should have perfect, scoopable ice cream!
- Serve with a cinnamon stick on a waffle cone
- Serve in a hard apple cider float
- Serve with caramel sauce as a sundae
- Or with a side of bourbon, because - why not?