Roasted peaches, warming bourbon and cinnamon, combined with rich cream come together for the best ice cream flavor imaginable: homemade peach bourbon ice cream. Tastes like peach pie, but so much better.
Yes we all know and love the classic peaches and cream flavor combination that swoons us every time peaches are in season. But, I took it to the next level by adding a hint of bourbon whisky.
Why we make ice cream in the ice cream maker
I recommend everyone get an ice cream maker, because even though you can find an abundance of no-churn recipes here on the web - the process of making ice cream recipes in your ice cream maker at home is something so exciting for the whole family. Trying new flavors and textures is so much fun. It seems we can turn anything into a really wonderful treat. You can get really creative with your ingredients and limit anything if anyone in your household has dietary restrictions. Dairy and sugar-free ice cream without any stabilizers or other strange ingredients in store-bought ice cream is a breeze if you wanted some.
Other gourmet ice cream maker recipes:
- Homemade bourbon cinnamon ice cream
- How to make a honey lavender ice cream sundae
- Strawberry lilac ice cream
How to make peach bourbon ice cream:
Making homemade ice cream with a perfect texture requires a slow reduction. I want all of the sugar to dissolve into my cream. You achieve this by simmering your ingredients in a saucepan for twenty minutes.
Ingredients in homemade peach bourbon ice cream
- Heavy whipping cream / heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Granulated sugar
- Egg yolks - For the creamy custard that is ice cream.
- Vanilla extract
- Bourbon whisky
- Fresh peaches
Tools needed to make this ice cream
- Quart ice cream maker - you do need an ice cream machine for this recipe. I highly recommend having one! The possibilities are endless and one of our favorite past times are making fresh batch of ice cream, like this one! You wouldn't believe the creamy ice cream creations you can make. The finished product is divine. We use this simple, affordable cuisine art ice cream maker to make our ice cream recipes (more than I'd like to admit)
- Sauce pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
Step by step for making ice cream
Along the way I've found my base for the perfect, scoopable ice cream that is sure to please!
- Mix all of your ingredients together into a sauce pan and whisk well.
- Stir over low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes to get a slow reduction, heat the egg yolk and melt the sugars down. Be sure not to overheat or else you'll curdle your milks and cook your eggs. Stir consistently.
- Strain your mixture into a large jar and then add more fresh basil leaves. Let sit six hours - overnight in the fridge for the basil flavor to infuse.
- When ready to make your ice cream, strain basil leaves out again. Pour mixture into ice cream maker.
- Turn your ice cream maker on and let it churn based on manufacture's recommendations. For me, it usually takes 20 - 30 minutes.
- Transfer the ice cream into an air tight container and let it chill in the freezer for at least six hours. From here you should have perfect, scoopable ice cream!