How to make Lavender Granola
This sweet + floral lavender granola recipe will add a touch of whimsy to your day! Life is simply better with lavender honey caramelized granola and botanical flavors. These perfect clusters of sweet granola pair perfectly with your morning yogurt, with milk, or all by itself.
Why you'll love this recipe:
- While the honey caramelizes the granola in the oven your house will smell like pure magic
- It's simple to make and even better with some lavender infused milk in the morning
- It makes a beautiful edible gift
- It's a great way to put your How to make flower infused honey to use
- It's adaptable, try it with another infused honey like How to make lilac infused honey
Sunday is usually reserved for buttermilk pancakes in our household. And every Sunday morning, my sweet husband makes mine last so that he can add a little bit of lavender into my batter. Read here for our lavender buttermilk pancakes!
Even though it is quite the craze, lavender is still so underrated in baked goods. Some reader favorites include: lavender lemon tart, lavender shortbread cookies and lavender honey cupcakes. I admit, I even drink a Lavender honey iced latte daily.
- Butter or coconut oil
- Lavender infused honey or lavender simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
Make your own lavender infused honey for this recipe.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I make this granola recipe vegan?
If you are vegan or do not have lavender infused honey on hand, you can make a lavender simple syrup (see my lavender simple syrup recipe here) You can also swap the butter for coconut oil no problem.
Can I make this granola recipe gluten free?
Absolutely! Use gluten free oats in your granola and you're good to go!
How do I store this granola?
Granola seems to last forever! But it's recommended you store it in an airtight container for two weeks at air temperature.
Can I freeze this recipe?
No, granola will not thaw well.
Where can I find lavender to make lavender infused honey for the granola?
You want to look for food grade organic edible lavender at your local grocer or on amazon
Can I use store bought lavender honey?
As soon as I was done photographing this granola, I was so excited to enjoy it with some tea this afternoon. Despite lavender seeming like a "grown up" acquired taste, both of my children really enjoyed this recipe!
You may also love
- Lavender honey ice cream
- Lavender honey iced latte
- How to make lemon lavender scones
- How to make lavender lemonade