Arugala and basil salad with watermelon, honey balsamic glazed grilled peaches, green beans, and slivered almonds.
Tonight I’m sharing this vibrant, fresh summer salad filled with tangy arugula, robust basil, sweet and juicy watermelon, grilled honey + balsamic glazed peaches, and crunchy green beans and slivered almonds for some crunchy texture. This is an easy summer salad that hits all of the flavors of summer in a beautiful, healthy way. It’s pretty enough that I’d serve this for any summer gathering, and it’s simple enough for any night of the week. I love to sprinkle some Himalayan sea salt, squeeze some fresh lime juice on this salad and dig right in. You can also add some cheese or protein effortlessly with this salad. Some grilled chicken or fresh burrata would make this salad even more delectable.
Even the kids will love it
All you need for this salad is fresh produce that’s abundant this time of year. And the best part? Dare I say it’s kid-friendly? I just may. Both of my children really enjoyed the ingredients in this salad, making it a no brainer to prepare and put on our table. There’s no better feeling than gathering around fresh produce at our table, without anyone asking for chocolate chip cookies instead.
Every day in the summer in Tunisia it is HOT. We are enjoying the beach and the sea breeze daily. Our appetites ask for hydrating food. This is a perfect meal to satisfy this craving. The weather is making me want to turn on my oven as little as possible and get the grill going whenever we can. On this day, I grilled our peaches inside on a cast iron grill skillet in the house. But, if you have the grill going this season, make sure you half some peaches and throw them on. They are just peachy when cooked this way.
Let’s make it!
You can dress this salad with balsamic or eat it with some salt and lime juice like we do. It’s so flavorful between the basil, arugula, and grilled peaches, it doesn’t lack anything without additional dressing. I really love a good salad dressing, but simple goes a long way here! You can add your leftover honey + balsamic glaze if desired.
- two cups of arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- three ripe peaches, sliced in half and pitted
- 1/4 whole watermelon, sliced in triangles
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup honey
- balsamic vinaigrette
- flaky sea salt
- Combine your balsamic vinaigrette with your honey.
- Dip your peaches into the mixture, allowing them to get coated completely
- Turn your indoor skillet to medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter
- Once warm, place the flesh side of your peach on to the skillet, and let it cook for four-five minutes. It should have nice grill marks. Set aside
- Lay your arugula and basil out at the bottom of a large salad bowl
- Place your watermelon triangles over your basil and arugula greens
- Slice your grilled peaches, and arrange over greens
- Drop a few raw green beans onto greens
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds and flaky sea salt
- Add more balsamic + honey if desired.
I would serve this with