Spiced Vanilla Winter Whisky Sour
There is nothing more satisfying than sitting around a fire, drinking something refreshing, seasonal, spiced and warming. This spiced vanilla whisky sour will have you feeling cozy in no time!
WHAT IS A WHISKY SOUR?
A classic whiskey sour (or whisky) is two parts bourbon whiskey or rye, one part lemon juice, and one part simple syrup. First we'll make the syrup, and then make the cocktail. In this step by step guide I'll share how to make this Spiced vanilla whisky sour that will become a holiday favorite for years to come.
INGREDIENTS IN A SPICED VANILLA WHISKY SOUR
- Spiced vanilla syrup
- sugar, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon stick, star anise, clove, juniper, cardamom - optional fresh vanilla bean
- Bourbon whisky
- Lemon juice
- Lemon slice for garnish, or garnish of choice.
- A cocktail shaker
HOW TO MAKE YOUR Spiced vanilla syrup
It is so simple, all you need is
- In a small saucepan over medium/high heat, heat sugar, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon stick, star anise, clove, juniper, cardamom - optional fresh vanilla bean.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and continue simmering gently for 5 minutes, reduce heat and let simmer on low for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the liquid cool
- Lastly, strain into a jar (with an airtight lid)
How long will this simple syrup last for?
The syrup will last for one month in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
how to make a spiced vanilla whisky sour:
Now that you have your syrup, you can make this fine cocktail.
You'll measure your ingredients. The quantities listed below are for one cocktail.
- 2 oz bourbon whisky
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz spiced spiced vanilla syrup.
Fill your cocktail shaker with ice. Add in your whisky, lemon juice and syrup. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, and then pour into your glass over ice. Garnish with pomegranate jewels, a cinnamon stick, CANDIED HERBS or DEHYDRATED ORANGE SLICE, if desired. Serve immediately.
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE:
Stocking your bar with more delicious syrups? You may also love: