These strawberry crumble muffins are large, light and fluffy while bursting with strawberry and cream cheese flavor. They have big beautiful rounded muffin tops and are topped with buttery crumble making them the perfect strawberry indulgence you seek.
These muffins are perfectly fluffy and have the delicious strawberry and cream flavor combination everyone adores! They are simple enough to whisk up for any occasion but elegant enough for special events. Their crumb sets them over the top!
Reasons you will love these muffins:
- Extra large, and just the right amount of batter for 12 muffins.
- Filled with fresh strawberries and cream cheese.
- Light and airy, with a cake-like texture.
- Bakery style, with big rounded tops.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda
- Cream cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Fresh strawberries
How to get BIG rounded muffin tops!
These muffins have tall, rounded tops, which is achieved by:
- Using this thick batter and baking at a high temperature. This muffin is still nice and fluffy despite being tall and bakery-style, so if you love a soft, airy muffin - you will love this one!
- Baking the muffins at a higher temperature allows them to rise.
- We also fill our muffin tins to the top while helping them achieve the desired size and rise!
Note, you can make these WITHOUT the crumble top, which I occasionally make for a healthier swap. The crumble is optional. You can see how nice and rounded they are! You can skip the crumble *though I dont recommend it, they're so scrumptious with it! If you need to save time, or reduce their caloric load.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I make these muffins gluten free?
Yes you can swap out all-purpose flour for your favorite 1:1 ratio gluten-free flour. This recipe hasn’t been tested with other flours. Do not swap all-purpose flour with almond or coconut flour.
Can I make these muffins without refined sugar?
Absolutely! Swap your granulated sugar for coconut or date sugar. You do not want to replace it with maple syrup or honey as this recipe will have too much liquid.
How do I store these muffins?
Cover leftover muffins and store at room temperature for 5 days or in the refrigerator for 1 week. Muffins freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge or on the counter.
Can I skip the crumble?
You bet! You can make these delicious muffins without the crumble if you want to save some time or reduce their calories.
Other strawberry recipes you may love!
Strawberry Crumble Muffins, Bakery style!
Strawberry cream cheese muffins:
- 3 cups 375g all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup 5 Tablespoons; 80g unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup 80ml honey
- 1 cup 200g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ⅓ cup 80g cream cheese
- 1 cup 240ml milk, at room temperature
- 1 and ½ cups 170g fresh or frozen strawberries (do not thaw)
- ½ cup 113 grams butter, unsalted, melted
- ½ cup 100 grams granulated sugar
- ½ cup cup 100 grams light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups 188 grams all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Line muffin tin with with muffin liners, or grease generously. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the melted butter, honey, sugar, and eggs together until combined. Then whisk in the cream cheese, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until completely combined. Use a whisk to rid any large lumps of flour, if needed. Avoid overmixing. The batter will be thick. Fold in the strawberries.
- Divide batter between each prepared muffin cup, filling almost all the way to the top, setting aside just enough room for crumble on top. Set aside and make crumble topping.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, for about 1 minute on high power.Add the sugar into the melted butter and whisk to combine. Add the flour, optional salt, and stir to combine, gently. You want mixture to be crumbly, not formed into a dough. Add crumble to the tops of your muffin batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-18 minutes, or until the crumble tops are lightly golden brown and centers are set. Stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin to test for doneness. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done. If not, continue baking for an additional 4-5 minutes and test again.
I hope this recipe works beautifully for you and is enjoyed for many years. Thank you so much for reading. Your visit to my site helped support a small business today. If you enjoyed it, I would be so honored if you would share with your loved ones.
Sending love, freshly baked cookies, and a bouquet of your favorite flowers.