Indulge in the allure of this enchanting drink crafted from butterfly pea tea. Its vibrant hues will stir your senses and captivate your heart. The magical transformation of colors will take your breath away as the deep blue turns into a mesmerizing shade of purple. Not only is it visually stunning, but it also boasts a plethora of health benefits. Savor this alluring elixir's natural beauty and taste, and let it transport you to a world of romance and magic.
Why you'll love this lemonade:
- This mystical drink is made with butterfly pea tea, which looks gorgeous and has incredible health benefits.
- The vibrant blue color will make your party pop and bring a smile to everyone's face.
- Just wait and watch as the colors magically transform into a lovely shade of purple without any artificial food coloring. It's like a fun science experiment in a glass!
So, let's raise our glasses and cheers to this all-natural, colorful concoction.
- Butterfly flower tea
- Sugar, you can also use some Butterfly Pea Flower Syrup if you have it.
- Ice cubes, preferably butterfly-shaped ice cubes!
How to make it:
- Make butterfly pea flower tea by adding ½ cup of butterfly pea flowers to a small saucepan with one or two cups of water. Bring to a boil then remove from heat. Set aside.
- Squeeze all lemons into a large jar or pitcher—strain to remove seeds.
- Add sugar and to your lemon juice.
- Strain hot butterfly flower tea into lemon juice and sugar to allow sugar to dissolve
- Taste to make sure sweetness or tartness is to your liking.
Chill; serve over ice.
what makes butterfly pea flowers change colors?
It turns out that the rich, sapphire blue color of tea made from these flowers is due to it's antioxidant property anthocyanin, which give the plant its naturally vibrant hue. But when exposed to pH changes like those found in lemon juice or baking soda (both common household ingredients), they transform into vibrant magenta color.
HOW DO BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWERS TASTE?
The flavor of this flower is akin to green tea, but very mild. It also has herbal and earthy undertones, but overall I find it has very minimal taste - making it perfect for those who don't enjoy strong floral tastes in their drinks.
WHERE CAN I FIND BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWERS?
We live in west Asia, and purchased our organic butterfly pea flowers grown from http://www.yuzuagriculture.com. However, you can find dried butterfly pea flowers sold as tea all over the world. I have created a list of the best place to find flowers for tea, go get flower power with these medicinal flowers with impressive benefits.
Butterfly pea lemonade
- 8 cups water, divided, two for making tea
- 10 whole lemons, juice and zest
- ½ cup butterfly pea flowers
- 1 cup sugar
- Make butterfly pea flower tea by adding ½ cup of butterfly pea flowers to a small saucepan with one or two cups of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Set aside.Squeeze all lemons into a large jar or pitcher—strain to remove seeds.Add sugar to your lemon juice.Strain hot butterfly flower tea into lemon juice and sugar to allow sugar to disolveTaste to ensure sweetness or tartness is to your liking.
Leave a comment !