This cucumber rose water gin and tonic has been coined as the "gardeners gin and tonic" as it is a gorgeous refreshing highball cocktail that's crisp, slightly floral and incredibly well balanced. If you love rose cocktails, check out our most delicious rose water cocktails.
This is the type of drink that really transports you to an elegant rose garden. It's the perfect accompaniment for a floral themed bridal shower. It's also refreshing like our Cucumber borage gin and tonic.
Why you should try this drink
This drink tastes just like good old fashioned G&T’s but amped up thanks to fragrant flavors plus subtle hints of sweetness coming through the syrup. It's just so good. And the best thing about gin and tonics? You can change up their taste just by picking a different gin.
What gin should you add?
The tasting notes in these quality gin spirits pair beautifully with a botanical cocktail
- Uncle Val's Botanical Gin- Cucumber, Sage, Lemon
- Hendrix -Cucumber, Rose, Citrus
- Tanguray - Juniper, Coriander, Anise
- Bombay - Juniper, Coriander, Lemon
- Gordon's - Pine, Pepper, Angelica
Ingredients you need:
- Tonic water
- Rose water
- Floral simple syrup, try: lavender honey simple syrup rose simple syrup or elderflower simple syrup
How do you serve and drink a gin and tonic?
Gin and tonics are served over a large amount of ice and traditionally served garnished with a slice of lime. However, this a twist on a classic.
- A sprig of candied rosemary or mint. You can find my recipe for candied herbs for an elegant garnish here.
- Some candied flower petals
- With a refreshing slice of cucumber
- Over floral ice cubes
Cucumber rose gin and tonic
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce floral simple syrup like lavender, rose or elderflower
- 1 lime squeezed
- ½ English cucumber sliced
- ½ ounce rose water
- 4 ounces tonic water
- Add your gin, freshly squeezed lime juice, rose water, floral syrup, sliced cucumber and ice into your cocktail shaker. Shake well. Strain over your glass of choice with ice. Top with tonic water. Add your garnish, and enjoy.
Other gin cocktails you may love:
I hope this recipe works beautifully for you and is enjoyed for many years to come. Thank you so much for reading. Your visit to my site helped support a small mama run business today. If you enjoyed it, I would be so honored if you would share with your loved ones.
Sending love, fresh baked cookies, and a bouquet of your favorite flowers.